Thursday 11 April 2013

Apps and blips. Day 11







Your favourite app and social media platform is the challenge. I have said often how I love twitter so I don't plan to say much more other than I love how it connects. It does however have its risks and this week as major news broke in the UK about the death of Margaret Thatcher, I closed it down. Not wishing to be taken down a route of no return. She was a woman who stimulated strong reactions...and I'm not immune to them!

One which does not contain the same risks and the social medium I have enjoyed just to lift my soul is Blipfoto. It's a daily photo diary. I don't post daily but it reminds me to look for the beauty of moments that I may have previously let pass. Others posts are amazing and each photo generally has a little story to give the context. My photos of the cat and dog are the ones most viewed of course!



 





But most importantly the app I really want to tell you about it's the ibreastcheck. It's an app developed by Breakthrough Breast Cancer and shows how to be breast aware, has a risk calculator ( with information on why) for breast cancer and has a reminder you can set so you don't forget to check your breasts. It's what women said they needed to know. It's award winning and I can't recommend it enough. Tell all your friends.
http://www.ibreastcheck.com/

2 comments:

  1. Great suggestion Audrey re ibreastcheck - this is the real power of technology meeting a health need. Also must check out Blipfoto - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great app i agree. You can find me on Auds On on Blipfoto but frankly many others are much more inspiring! You would enjoy it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Scanxiety?

  It’s not peculiar to cancer but waiting for results can be the worst time of all. Last week I had really quite bad scanxiety. Yes it’s so ...